VAJRA is our 10 mm Type B Low Stretch Static rope designed for abseiling (rappelling), canyoning, fixed rope, roping up, zip-lining and a bunch of other adventure activities that requires very low stretch.
Available in multiples of five meters. Enter the number of meters you require under Quantity. For quantities higher than 100 meters the rope is shipped on a spool.
VAJRA 10 mm
Core Material: 100% Polyamide
Sheath Material: 100% Polyamide
Weight: 57.7 gm/meter
Breaking strength without knots: 26 kN
Breaking Strength with an overhand knot: 19 kN
Sheath to Core ratio: 43% : 57%
Knotability coefficient: 0.9
Minimum number of factor one falls before breaking under 80 kg load: 8
Elongation under 50/150 load configuration: 1.5%
Impact Force with factor fall 0.3: 5.2 kN
Sheath Slippage: 0.1%
– Our all-around and personal favourite harness.
– Excellent for adventure activities, climbing gyms as well as for mountaineering use
– One size fits all
– Auto-lock buckles and adjustable leg loops
– EN 12277, UIAA 105, CE 1019
– Stainless Steel 304 Rock hangers for outdoor use (not marine grade).
– Bore diameter: 12mm
– This hanger features chamfered edges of the eye hole to minimize wear on carabiner. The eye hole itself is large enough to accommodate two carabiners.
– Choose the bolt size carefully depending upon strength of base rock material. If the rock is soft or has uneven composition such as Sandstone and Limestone, then any rock anchor, including ours will not be strong enough to endure heavy loading.
– This anchor is not recommended for use in coastal areas because it may not last as long as it normally should. For areas within 100 kms of coastline we recommend the anchors must be made in marine grade Stainless Steel. Contact us if you want these to be custom made!
– If you are combining our hangers with your own bolts, ensure that they are made from the same grade of metal.
– Each hanger is tested at a proof load of 8kN before shipping. You will be able to see a very small indentation on the side of the eye-hole. That is because it was tested in our lab for your safety.
The recommendation below is based on several assumptions. Do your own due diligence before installing an anchor anywhere.
M10 bolt: Only to be used in very hard rocks such as Granite (Compressive Strength > 75MPa)
M12 Bolt: Only to be used in medium to high hardness rocks such as Sandstone (Compressive Strength > 30MPa)
– EN959:2007, CE3076
Minimum Breaking Strength of Hanger is 25kN. Although the older versions are marked with 22kN, we guarantee 25kN. We take factor of safety into account with this figure of 25kN. Gipfel hangers are tested for breaking load often and none of them has ever failed under 38kN (the average breaking load has been 40kN) in both recommended direction of loading (radial) as well as in axial direction (Tensile).
Cutting Strength (Radial Load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (For Both M10 & M12 Sizes)
Pull-out strength (Axial load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (for M12 bolt) and 15kN (for M10 bolt)