– Dual adjustable system allows length adjustment from 95cms to 125cms
– Reinforced anchor loop and foot loop makes the product extremely durable
– Ideal for climbing on overhang and vertical sections. A powerful and highly useful accessory while bolting a new route
– To be used with an Ascension device.
– Stainless Steel 304 Rock hangers for outdoor use (not marine grade).
– Bore diameter: 12mm
– This hanger features chamfered edges of the eye hole to minimize wear on carabiner. The eye hole itself is large enough to accommodate two carabiners.
– Choose the bolt size carefully depending upon strength of base rock material. If the rock is soft or has uneven composition such as Sandstone and Limestone, then any rock anchor, including ours will not be strong enough to endure heavy loading.
– This anchor is not recommended for use in coastal areas because it may not last as long as it normally should. For areas within 100 kms of coastline we recommend the anchors must be made in marine grade Stainless Steel. Contact us if you want these to be custom made!
– If you are combining our hangers with your own bolts, ensure that they are made from the same grade of metal.
– Each hanger is tested at a proof load of 8kN before shipping. You will be able to see a very small indentation on the side of the eye-hole. That is because it was tested in our lab for your safety.
The recommendation below is based on several assumptions. Do your own due diligence before installing an anchor anywhere.
M10 bolt: Only to be used in very hard rocks such as Granite (Compressive Strength > 75MPa)
M12 Bolt: Only to be used in medium to high hardness rocks such as Sandstone (Compressive Strength > 30MPa)
– EN959:2007, CE3076
Minimum Breaking Strength of Hanger is 25kN. Although the older versions are marked with 22kN, we guarantee 25kN. We take factor of safety into account with this figure of 25kN. Gipfel hangers are tested for breaking load often and none of them has ever failed under 38kN (the average breaking load has been 40kN) in both recommended direction of loading (radial) as well as in axial direction (Tensile).
Cutting Strength (Radial Load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (For Both M10 & M12 Sizes)
Pull-out strength (Axial load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (for M12 bolt) and 15kN (for M10 bolt)
India’s first UIAA certified harness. This could be your ideal first harness when you take up rock climbing.
Climbing and mountaineering harness best suited for sport climbing and single pitch climbs.
Padded waist belt and leg loops allow uniform weight distribution in addition to comfort.
Adjustable leg loops and waist belt.
Two molded gear loops makes racking quick and easy.
18kN rated belay loop and 14kN rated waist belt.
EN 12277 Type C, UIAA 105, CE 1019
Recommended use: Sport Climbing, Rock and Ice. Not recommended for Trad Climbing.
Based on our personal experience and reviews from buyers, this harness is uniquely comfortable. If your climbing activity involves long periods of hanging in the same spot, then we highly recommend this harness.
This is an all-rounder climbing harness designed specifically for lead climbers. The well thought out features and its ergonomic design makes this one harness very versatile and suitable for many forms of climbing. This harness features our Lean waist belt. It above normal width but countered and lean design makes for a perfect fit around your waist. This feature was added keeping the route openers in mind who might have to hang in their harnesses for longer durations while bolting a new route.
• Waist belt strength rating: 18kN. For your comparison UIAA’s minimum requirement: 10kN)
• Belay Loop breaking strength: 26kN. UIAA’s minimum requirement is 15kN
• Buckles: Stainless Steel. Breaking strength = 16kN
• the harness is made from BLUESIGN certified breathable and water repellent Sympatex fabric. The fabric is a three layered bonded fabric that is made in Japan.
• Haul Loop on the rear rated at 5kN
• Molded gear loops: 4
• Leg Loops: Elasticated
• This is a Unisex harness
• Weight: 300gms
• EN 12277, CE
Lead climbing, trad climbing, sport climbing, mountaineering